Saturday, November 10, 2012

The End that's the Beginning

There have been a lot of moments in my life where I have reached an end that I never thought was coming. The end seemed so far off but really it was just around the corner. Like:

  • High school graduation, realizing what I had known for 12 years was over. 
  • When I got off the plane in China, I never thought I was going to get there. All the preparation that the trip took, I thought it would never come. 
  • When I had my first conversation in Chinese. I had been there for over a month. It was at a little shopping market I went to every day to get food. I was stunned, and I'm pretty sure the lady was stunned too. 
  • The first batch of bread I cooked while in college. I think I tried about 7 times before they actually turned out. 
  • Learning to drive a stick shift. 
  • Trying to figure out how to manage a budget. 
  • Trying to figure out how to get around by myself without getting lost in St. Louis
  • Graduating college. Going into the "real world" after 4 years of classes, exams and late nights that I sometimes didn't know if I would make it through.
Those are just a few examples that come to my mind when I think about 'ends' in my life. Really though, they were new starts. They all led to something else. I had another end today, that will just lead to another something else. I finished the last class in foster care. Really, I wasn't sure if I was actually going to reach the end. There were some Saturdays I would have rather slept in or when I asked if this was really what I was supposed to do. But, I finished. Now it means the real work begins. Actually getting placed with children, and not just children teenagers! Well, it'll be a new beginning, yet again. I'm excited, nervous, anxious and a slew of other things. Yes, I know there are verses for those things in the bible and believe me I probably will wear them out just by my eyes running over them, if I haven't already. But, though I know there will be struggles, I know there will be great victories. There's going to be MUCH learning through these next steps in life, I mean there already has been. But, I look forward to sharing them with you. For now, I finished this leg of the race, I can't wait for what the next will be! 

1 comment:

  1. I am really proud of you kiddo.
    There are so many children and yes, teens that need to feel loved and cared for. You will be terrific for them.
    Much love in this new beginning.
    ~Auntie M.

    ReplyDelete