Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Still Small Reminder

Body image is something I struggle with a lot, and if you are a woman I would assume that you have the same struggle. Our struggles may not be the same when it comes to image, but it's still an image issue. Recently I have been reminded of how much it is us just wanting to please the world, it's us not thinking we're good enough, not seeing us as loved and I could go on and on. I was reminded by a great friend of what one woman said over the summer, "Really God looks at the heart, he doesn't get caught up, and he looks at the real you." Not the person we put on, not the person we compare ourself to and defiantly not the person we see ourselves as. I read a blog post today that I needed to hear- truth. Recently the struggle has been greater, and this post reminded me that we are small and God is the I AM. He's not the person that you have coffee everyday, He's not human and He's not who we often make Him out to be. Here's a little excerpt from the blog I read...
I say: “Nobody really loves me.” God says:I love you. (John 3:16) 
I say: “I can’t figure things out.” God says: I will direct your steps. (Proverbs 3:5-6 & Proverbs 16:9)                                                   
I  say: “It’s not worth it.” God says: It will be worth it. (Romans 8:28) 
I say: “I can’t forgive myself.” God says: I FORGIVE YOU!(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1) 
I say: “I can’t manage.” God says: I will supply all your needs. (Philippians 4:19) 
I say: “I’m not smart enough.” God says: I give you wisdom. (I Corinthians 1:30) 
I say: “I feel all alone.” God says: I will never leave you or forsake you. (Hebrews 13.5)   
I needed to hear some of those truths this morning as a reminder that God is the one I need to look to in all things, find myself in Him, my image in Him, my future in Him because He is the I AM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment