Wednesday, April 27, 2011

International Love

I have a dear Nepali friend that will be leaving in one week. I had my last dinner with him tonight, it was one of those bitter sweet moments. Once again he showed me how to cook lovely food, but I knew this would be the last time. I've learned it's the one thing I hate about international ministry, saying goodbye. I always am hopeful that I will get to see them once again, in their home country. I guess it really made me a little sad because I have known him for 2 years, and we have talked about Jesus countless time, but he still doesn't believe. I go over and I see the daily sacrifices to the gods, and it makes me sad inside. However, a wise friend told me, in the midst of being sad that he's leaving the way he came, I have either laid on Christ's foundation that he's already used someone else to build or have began a new one. It gave me hope because I want him to know Jesus in a passionate way.
As I said in my earlier post people become near and dear to my heart quickly, and the internationals have a certain way of wiggling in. I pray his time in Cape will have a lasting impact, and I hope there's a Nepali male who loves Jesus that will enter his life, and one day I can rejoice in him knowing the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment