Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Graduation Realizations

Well in case you didn't know, I'm graduating in 4 days! I am really looking forward to it, and, while things have been finishing up, I have been thinking about a lot of the things I have learn during my time at good old SEMO. I wanted to share some of those things with you. There's no order from greatest to least it's more just like a cognitive thought. Some of the things have to do with what I've learned while living in communal living. Some of the things are funny, others are more serious. So, here it goes.

During my 4 years at college I've learned....

The toilet paper roll has to be turned so the paper feeds from the top.

I am a middle of the toothpaste tube grabber, who cares about going from the bottom.

I can procrastinate like a champ.

I actually enjoy the excitement of working under pressure.

Community is one of the best things that can ever happen to a person.

Community becomes family quickly.

Following Christ is costly, and it doesn't always look like you think it should.

God can change your plans in a second.

Your plans and Gods plans don't always look the same, and you have to decide who you are going to follow. This will cause a crisis in your life. 

An accountability partner is a must, but being called out by them never gets any more comfortable.

I can focus on the radio well while people are dancing in front of me. 

There are more important things than classes.

When something spiritual is going on around you, drop everything.

Working in a newsroom really brings out my sarcasm.

I have a dry sense of humor.

I am very quirky.

Prayer is something that only gets more powerful.

Memorizing scripture really allows you to focus on Christ throughout the day.

8 a.m. class is way better than 2 p.m. class. 

In communal living, I take it seriously. What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine.

I really like planning.

I like to get to know people well.

I'm a quality time person.

No matter what you do to plan for a mission trip, it will never looked like you assumed.

I'm a little hippyish.

My music choices are really random and don't go together at all.

I think dread locks are beautiful.

I hate the cold.

You can fit 8 college students in a kiddie pool to sled.

I mock people with one voice, and it's always a high squeaky voice that never matches the person. 

Walking alongside or being friends with people very different from you can be hard, but Jesus really uses that to show you how to love deeper.

I have a pretty good sense of direction.

Trips with 3 other girls can always promise hilarity, no sleep, stories and great joy.

Sometimes the people who you think hate you really turn out to be best friends later. 

Group camping trips, always interesting.

Older women in the faith always have something to teach you, even if they don't think they do.

Older godly men make my standards higher.

Discipleship is a blessing.

Definitely is a hard word to spell.

Humility is a lifelong journey.

I can't stay up very late, 11 o'clock and this grandma is ready for bed.

I sometimes scream when I laugh.

You can rock anything with enough confidence.

Money comes and it goes, and it goes a lot faster than it comes. So, just don't worry about it because God will provide.

I'm crazy, but the people around me are just as crazy.

So, that's definitely not all the things I learned but some. I just wanted to share a little of what I have been thinking about these last few days. Thank you to the people who have poured into my life over the last few years, and you know who you are. Thanks for taking time to get to know me because it means a lot to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment